Friday, December 14, 2007

The Spring Experience - A Bad Start to Day 3

I'm off to a horrible start this morning. I couldn't get coffee (or orange juice) from the servers at breakfast. I'm a coffee junkie, so needless to say it wasn't a good start.

The talk I'm sitting in is entitled Batch Processing Performance and is being done by a couple of consultants from Accenture. The first speaker is having all kinds of difficulties: microphones, projector and believe it or not, even PowerPoint. I'll try to take the optimistic approach and know that the day can only get better.

After struggling to get going for about 15 minutes, the speaker started off by reciting word-for-word a 1,000 word article published in Computer Weekly. What a complete waste. I should have walked out 5 minutes ago when he mentioned his title, which included the word "manager". After listening for another 10 minutes without any improvement, I'm walking out now...

No comments: